14 September 2021
The 1st version of the RAINBOW platform has been realised!
RAINBOW recently reached a significant milestone by delivering the first version of its integrated fog computing platform.
RAINBOW’s first release abstracts and seamlessly handles:
- The deployment description of IoT services through the drag ‘n’ drop Service Graph Editor.
- The near-optimal placement of IoT services on provisioned fog resources through RAINBOW’s Kubernetes-compliant Smart Orchestrator.
- The network administration that supports encrypted IPv6 data dissemination and reactive routing based on the CJDNS protocol deployed on top of Kubernetes Calico.
- The establishment of trust and verifying security primitives across the device-fog-cloud stack through RAINBOW’s “zero-conf” bootstrapping protocols.
- Pushing “intelligence” to the network “edge” with in-place data management through RAINBOW’s self-adaptive monitoring, intelligent storage fabric extending across the network overlay and fog-aware streaming analytics engine built on top of Apache Storm.
Additional information as well as access to the code repository of the early release of RAINBOW’s integrated fog computing framework can be found here: https://rainbow-h2020.eu/platform-release/